About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I tell my story. I'm not here to sell a product, but to challenge people's thoughts to take better care of themselves. To validate those that are already doing this. To educate, to eradicate the mental health stigma, to influence those that need influencing and doing all of this with respect as each person has their own journey and we need to recognise that. I am vulnerable and raw. I have to be authentic. I am me. I have faults, I have made and continue to make mistakes, but I learn from those mistakes, I am me.

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Who is in your tribe?

Do you have people in your tribe that make you better?

How many people who are in your tribe, will tell you what you need to hear instead of what you want to hear?
How many “yes” people are in your tribe?
To repeat the first one, have you got people within your tribe that make you better.
I repeated that because it is critical.
  • They help you heal.
  • They help you grow.
  • They positively challenge you.
  • They support you.
  • They encourage you.
  • They teach you.
Alternatively, do you have people in your tribe that:
  • Drain your energy?
  • Not support you?
  • Are toxic?
  • Are unempathetic?
  • Always negative and cannot see anything but negativity?
Self-reflect, work out who is in your tribe:
  • double down on the good, identify others that will make you better and build that relationship.
  • remove the bad, the draining, the negative, the toxic.
You will be much healthier and happier for that choice.
Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suicide - it doesn't have to happen

As I sat here listening to Chester Bennington of Linkin Park sing, "Shadow of the day", the words, "Sometimes solutions aren&...