About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I tell my story. I'm not here to sell a product, but to challenge people's thoughts to take better care of themselves. To validate those that are already doing this. To educate, to eradicate the mental health stigma, to influence those that need influencing and doing all of this with respect as each person has their own journey and we need to recognise that. I am vulnerable and raw. I have to be authentic. I am me. I have faults, I have made and continue to make mistakes, but I learn from those mistakes, I am me.

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Surround yourself with diamonds

One thing that I count as a massive positive out of my PTSD journey is that I have been exposed to some incredible people and are now lucky enough to call some of these people mates.

Without going through what I went through, and continue to go through, I would not have been exposed to these men and women who are super influential, smart, tough, resilient, educated and inspirational.

So many aspects of my life operate differently now because I have aligned myself with the teachings I have taken from these people. I won't name any of them as there are to many to name but suffice to say that I am incredibly better off in life knowing them.

I still have my pre PTSD mates to call upon and talk crap with (which we do really well!!) who I admire, respect and enjoy spending time with, who I continue to learn from and ask questions from but the addition of the people I spoke about earlier has just been a massive bonus.

The moral of this story and yes it can be a cliche, but there is massive truth in removing people from your life who are consistently negative, drag you down and are not worthy of your precious time. Concentrate of the positive relationships that make you a better version of yourself and hunt out those that will continue to challenge you to make yourself better and do this is a respectful and teaching way.

There is so much growth in everyone, never stop learning, soak up knowledge and practise what you have been taught by awesome respected people.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suicide - it doesn't have to happen

As I sat here listening to Chester Bennington of Linkin Park sing, "Shadow of the day", the words, "Sometimes solutions aren&...