About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I tell my story. I'm not here to sell a product, but to challenge people's thoughts to take better care of themselves. To validate those that are already doing this. To educate, to eradicate the mental health stigma, to influence those that need influencing and doing all of this with respect as each person has their own journey and we need to recognise that. I am vulnerable and raw. I have to be authentic. I am me. I have faults, I have made and continue to make mistakes, but I learn from those mistakes, I am me.

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Looking into the mirror

I looked at myself in the mirror today. I mean I really LOOKED at myself in the mirror. It is the first time for a long time that I have actually done this and it was the first time in, well I cannot remember how long that the person looking back at me was not thinking, failure, fraud, shame and other like words.

The person looking back at me still has a shit tonne of work to do and be much more accountable to himself but bloody hell it was exciting not to have those automatic thoughts.

Being at peace with oneself is something that we, PTSD/anxiety/depression (and shout out to other people with mental health conditions) sufferers rarely experience so when you at peace, well it is just awesome.

A close mate of mine once told me to stare at yourself in the mirror and see what it tells you. I couldn't bring myself to do it, I will now be doing it.

Peace out, be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suicide - it doesn't have to happen

As I sat here listening to Chester Bennington of Linkin Park sing, "Shadow of the day", the words, "Sometimes solutions aren&...