About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I tell my story. I'm not here to sell a product, but to challenge people's thoughts to take better care of themselves. To validate those that are already doing this. To educate, to eradicate the mental health stigma, to influence those that need influencing and doing all of this with respect as each person has their own journey and we need to recognise that. I am vulnerable and raw. I have to be authentic. I am me. I have faults, I have made and continue to make mistakes, but I learn from those mistakes, I am me.

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Five "not the usual" things I'm grateful for

Practising gratitude is a cornerstone of good mental health.

The obvious things to be grateful for like family, pets, having a job, house etc are pretty easy to name. But what happens when we look past those and look for other items we are grateful for?

My list of other items I'm grateful for.
  1. Chester Bennington's voice. Chester, may he rest in peace, had a brilliant voice that he used in so many different ways.
  2. Podcasts. I have learnt so much from listening to a range of pods.
  3. Zoo's. Although there are pros and cons to having animals in captivity, I went to Sydney Zoo yesterday and was able to get up close to a massive crocodile. To sit there and examine this prehistoric animal was quite captivating.
  4. Elon Musk. A mate of mine reckons Elon is from Mars and I tend to agree. He is constantly pushing technological boundaries and seemingly does it with a smile without being worried what others think. A lot already have and a lot more of us will be the beneficiary of Elon's work in the not to distant future.
  5. Cleaners. Cleaning up after other people. Respect and incredibly grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suicide - it doesn't have to happen

As I sat here listening to Chester Bennington of Linkin Park sing, "Shadow of the day", the words, "Sometimes solutions aren&...